The Tin house Spring Residency is intended for writers of color working on their debut project.
Application Requirements (to be submitted as one document):
Personal Essay (1500 words or less outlining your journey as a writer and description of the project you will be working on)
Writing Sample (from the project)
- Fiction and Nonfiction: One writing sample of no more than 7,500 words. A short story/essay or a portion of a novel or memoir may be submitted. If you are submitting a novel/memoir, please include a synopsis.
- Poetry: Up to eight poems, totaling no more than 20 pages.
- Translation: Please follow the requirements for the genre in the original language and submit both your translation and the original text.
- Graphic Narrative: Project synopsis and up to 20 pages of the project (please upload everything except the project excerpt here. Email the project excerpt to firstname.lastname@example.org).
No reference letters, please.
- To apply for this residency you must be 21 years of age or older by May 1st, 2020.
- Tin House Book authors are not eligible to apply.
- You are not yet under contract to publish as of February 9th, 2020. Self-published books and Chapbooks do not count toward this requirement.
- Former Scholars and International writers may apply.